PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave version 6 problem

a-2-art
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Recently I bought version 6 of lightwave 3D to run on my PC. It has Windows XP 13g HD and 256mb ram.

When I load the software onto my PC I find that when I perform some function it freezes. Sometimes saying ‘not responding’ then it comes back to life.

When I quit from the program it hangs my computer and I have to exit via Windows task manager and shut down the program.

I was also trying to follow a tutorial that came with the software in which I need to access the ‘Surface editor’ (Chapter4: Test render). When I have the tub object selected it says to click on the Colour Texture button. I assume this to be the one marked ’T’ and I’m assuming I go to another menu. Alas nothing happens..

It seems to me that the program is not running as it should. Is there any information in how to install this program on my platform. Is it possible?. Is there anything I need to watch out for to enable me to run the programe without these 'Gliches'.. :confused:

Hoopti
02-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Recently I bought version 6 of lightwave 3D to run on my PC. It has Windows XP 13g HD and 256mb ram.

I think the 256 mb of ram may be the problem. Windows XP itself takes 128 mb, which leaves only 128 mb to run the program and store your models. It must be using your virtual memory and hence switching stuff back and forth from my 13 gig HD, which also isn't that large either.

You don't mention how large your models are, but I would assume that a model of almost any size would still cause some problems.

Not necessarily a great answer, but that's my bet. Hope that helps.

Hoop