PDA

View Full Version : organizing textures

chemaelizondo
02-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi.
Maybe someone could help me with this one:
On LW8.2 If I import several models from different documents into a single document in Modeler, all textures are gahtered under a single menu.

How is it posible to have each set of textures organized by object?

Thanks

JM

Wonderpup
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi chemaelizondo

Not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but the only suggestion I have is to check the 'Edit by' button on your surface editor, to see if its set to scene or object mode , as this affects the way surfaces are listed.

chemaelizondo
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
well Ive tried that one and is not quite what I was looking for.
I do remember one time back on LW 7.5 that there was a way to gather several objects from different documents into a single document each of them in a different layer, and in the texture editor every texture would appear listed under its corresponding object. instead as being one whole list of textures listed by name.

Thanks

JM :rolleyes:

Lamont
02-03-2005, 03:39 PM
No, I think what you did was copy the objects from a few open documents. Surface Editor kept them seperate, because the docs were still open.

So, no you can't edit by object, when only one object is open. Now if there was a sort surfaces by layer, that would be out of sight!!

ArtGoblin
02-03-2005, 04:13 PM
You can try to make use if the filter.
It's very useful if you got a big scene with lots&lots of textures.

But to make good use of it you would have to name all your surfaces with some kind of "mark". Like for instance, if you have a metal texture on one of your sword objets and originally just named it metal. Then you could rename the surface to "<objectname>_metal" Then you could just type in the first two letters of your objects name in the filter, and you would only get the ones for that specific object.

Maybe not such a usefull technuiqe.... at least I never use it, but when the day comes that I'll have about 200 different surfaces in my scene :eek: I think I might want to try it out :)