PDA

View Full Version : Tomcat Cartoon Shader

Caveboy
02-03-2005, 02:10 AM
This is an awesome shader! Unfortunately, it's for Maya.

Does anyone know of anything close for Lightwave? It would be cool to control the surfaces with weightmaps or something like that.

Here is a fine image:

MrWyatt
02-03-2005, 02:32 AM
as long as painteffects is not ported to Lightwave, wich will never happen, i don´t see it coming anywhere in the near future. sorry

caesar
02-03-2005, 04:32 AM
as long as painteffects is not ported to Lightwave, wich will never happen, i don´t see it coming anywhere in the near future. sorry

I can´t see how this shader is related with Maya´s paintfx??? But anyway, it´s an OWESOME sahder!!! :eek: Really impressed!
You should email ´em about a LW port.

Mylenium
02-03-2005, 05:21 AM
I can´t see how this shader is related with Maya´s paintfx??? But anyway, it´s an OWESOME sahder!!! :eek: Really impressed!
You should email ´em about a LW port.

The lines are drawn using PaintFX strokes. A LW port is rather unlikely, since Tomcat relies quite heavily on geometry such as NURBS curves or direct acces to polygon edges. It's not a buffer based edge tracer in the classical sense.

Mylenium

paulhart
04-25-2006, 04:30 PM
bump

RedBull
04-26-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure mixing a few shaders together...
Could bring you a fairly close....

Unreal, Lovefish, gradients, and maybe some post would make it quite possible to achieve. You could also maybe use Layout's renderlines to help.