PDA

View Full Version : Control over my reflections..

Meshbuilder
04-16-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi.. I think it would be great if we can control the way the reflection will look like.. How diffuse it is and what color and so on.. Like how we can control the way shadows look like.. Look at the picture I added. I don't know how to get the helicopter reflection to look the same way as the the boats in the picture :(

http://www.vinyamar.com/~darkeden/meshbuilder/download/reflect.jpg

please Newtek add this to your already amazing render engine/surface control..

Panikos
04-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Go to the reflection options of your water surface, and set it to Raytrace + Shperical map, and keep the image as blank.

I bet currently you have it as Raytraced + Backdrop. Backdrop adds unnecessary brightness to the reflected idol.
Sometimes is useful.
Evalsion HyperSmooth solves such problems.
Hopefully new LW, will solve this in a more native way as well as provide a better "compositing" options of reflectivity onto a surface.

Meshbuilder
04-16-2003, 10:38 AM
I have already set the reflection option to Raytrace + Shperical map :(

Panikos
04-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Salut mon ami Meshbuildrer.

Unfortunately it seems that you need a more powerful clamping of Reflective values. This is the ideal case of HyperSmooth.

Alternatively, you can model a fake backdrop using a sphere or a box covering your scene with customized surface. Set it Unseen by Camera.

Go to your water surface and lower the diffuse much, as well as darken the colour of the water.

Tweak until plaisir =O9