PDA

View Full Version : How do I achieve a fisheye lense effect?

focus3d
04-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the daft, questions, bit of a noob. :)

But how do I get a kind of wide angle affect, just by using zoom?

cheers

marvin
04-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I've never actually done this, but I saw an effect somebody did and it was here. You make a half sphere, with the dome facing the scene. Make the sphere 100% reflective and set the camera to point towards the dome, so it'll reflect the scene. I hope this makes sense and if it doesn't, I'll try to explain better.

marvin

riki
04-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Try setting the dome diffuse value to 0

Animator395
04-20-2003, 01:11 AM
Just using zoom should be able to get you what you want. The lower the number the wider the angle. Just like when you take a picture. A wider angle meaning smaller zoom number puts more in the picture, but it does so by distorting it.

so anyway I believe you are on the right track. Just play with it some more and I think you'll get what you want.

lone
04-20-2003, 08:54 AM
can you use a negative number?

Animator395
04-21-2003, 09:43 PM
No it doesn't look like you can use a negative number. It appears that you can only go to 0.1 on zoom. This is a hell of a lot of distortion though. You shouldn't need more. You know this might be more work than you want, but you might just try manually doing it by making a highly reflective sphere and taking a pic of the sphere reflection.

Hope something helps