PDA

View Full Version : teaset - bauhaus inspired

MooseDog
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
saw this tea stirrer in a magazine. credit for the design goes to a certain otto rittweger in 1924. just too cool a design to pass up :).

i can imagine a 1930's park avenue doyenne, in the sitting room, shouting to the butler "rogerrr....where IS my tea?" LOL.

modelled and rendered with lightwave 8.2, no radiosity, but lots of raytraced reflections. approx. 60 mins (if i remember right). finished with photoshop.

critiques? thx for taking a look.

flakester
02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Very nice there Moose,

I'm a big fan of art deco works, and funnily enough, my grandparents had some old teaset stuff a bit like this!!

If I HAD to put a moan down, it would just be the possible inclusion of a hint of a bump map with some dirt and scratches, mainly on the tray. - But maybe that would take something away from the dreamy feel.

It's a very, very nice piece. I think I can hear the butler approaching :

Keep up the good work MooseDog.

flakester.

Cesar Montero
02-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I also like it. Good job!!!

By the way, the dreamy effect, kind of white silhouette.... did you do that in photoshop or directly in ligthwave? I want to do the same effect, that is why :)

MooseDog
02-13-2005, 09:54 AM
thx gentlemen :D

yeah, the blurry stuff was all post in photoshop using mainly a depth buffer produced w/lw. wish i could afford the surpasses plugin :p as it would make this kind of stuff really simple.

Cesar Montero
02-15-2005, 12:49 PM
thx gentlemen :D

yeah, the blurry stuff was all post in photoshop using mainly a depth buffer produced w/lw. wish i could afford the surpasses plugin :p as it would make this kind of stuff really simple.

What is the depth buffer? I'm new in lightwave. Could you give me some guidance in how to attain this effect?

MooseDog
02-15-2005, 08:49 PM
ctrl F5 will pop-up the Effects panel.

click the Processing tab

click Add Image Filter pull-down menu

click on Render Buffer Export

fill out pop-up dialogue.

this will save as a separate image the different parts of your final image, i.e. just the specular hilites. just the diffuse shading, or in this case, a greyscale depth image. this iimage can be used in photoshop to selectivly blur your image.

google z-buffer, or depth buffer. tons of much better explanations out there :D

good luck.

Cesar Montero
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
ctrl F5 will pop-up the Effects panel.

click the Processing tab

click Add Image Filter pull-down menu

click on Render Buffer Export

fill out pop-up dialogue.

this will save as a separate image the different parts of your final image, i.e. just the specular hilites. just the diffuse shading, or in this case, a greyscale depth image. this iimage can be used in photoshop to selectivly blur your image.

google z-buffer, or depth buffer. tons of much better explanations out there :D

good luck.

Thanks a lot!!!:D