PDA

View Full Version : FoggyYard

ArtGoblin
02-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Well.... yet another amatour project completed on my half.... at least I'm guessing it's amatourish, I really don't think of my self as a big fish.... at least not yet.

I set out to create a countrylooking feeling with a foggy athmosphere. I feel like I accomplished that goal. But about it's good lookings or not...... that's for you people to jugde.

PS. The final render took 9 min and 22 sec's to finish.

sidetrak
02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
heh...finally someone who is honest about their experience :D i like it overall...i think you should make the grass less sparse..and is this a yard? looks more like a complex or industrial building site...i like your volumetrics, maybe they just look good to me cos im no good at them :rolleyes:

ArtGoblin
02-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback ;)

Yess I am very pleased with the volumetrics.... It's very simple stuff I'm sure, but I'm usually no good at working with them, so this is my step uppward in that area.

Hehehe.... maybe not the biggest breakthrough I've had, but defenitly a breakthrough none the less.

The only thing I used to get the fog results was "nonlinear1" fog option in the volumetric/effects panel. And then I used a glow setting on the lightbulp surface.... I raised the value way up! So I got it to look like it was volumetric lightning or something.