PDA

View Full Version : saslite

webgenie
04-16-2003, 02:13 AM
One of the main reasons I purchased Lightwave 7.5 was the saslite plugin. Of all the plugins that could fail, this one will not load. (The only one I REALY REALY care about.) It doesn't even seem to exist in the plugins/effect folder. What's going on????????????????????????????????????????
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papou
04-16-2003, 07:06 AM
try to find saslite.p on your computer. (normaly in Plugins/Effect)

webgenie
04-16-2003, 08:53 PM
t.y.

Saslite.p doesn't exist on my computer, in plugins or elsewhere. I even did a search on the hard drive. How can I get the file? (as it's supposed to COME with v7.5! That's the problem.

hrgiger
04-16-2003, 09:38 PM
It should come with 7 more specifically and not 7.5. If it is not installed when you install 7, I would contact Newtek.

cresshead
04-20-2003, 09:53 AM
that chap could be trying on "lightwave de" as lightwave de does not include saslite..maybe he has a "fix" to make lightwave de look like a full app and was wondering where the saslite plugins were...

other than that if you have a "real" full lightwave you should get in contact with newtek as commented on else where in this thread

steve g

webgenie
04-20-2003, 12:00 PM
What's lightwave de? I have a full version 7.5 educational, as printed on the box. (actually 7.5b) and have already installed and activated my dongle, or whatever you call it. Is that de? I thought FULL meant FULL, and the saslite WAS in the product description where I bought it. When it says "full version" they do really mean FULL don't they? This is a very important feature to me.

cresshead
04-20-2003, 12:59 PM
the old demos of lightwave..ie lightwave 7.0 included saslite but when the discovery version of lightwave 7.5 came out these was no saslite in the install even thought there are saslite scenes such as the animal scene where saslites should be...

maybe the edu version doesn't include saslite

steve g

Elmar Moelzer
04-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Hmm, weird
I have never heard of any differences between the commercial and the educational- version.
Maybe soemthing broke during your install?
CU
Elmar

webgenie
04-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Does anyone else have the full educational version know if it has saslite? According to the product description on the site, it's supposed to. Also, I can make presets, but doesn't it come with some of those too? I have none of those either.

Bluelemur
04-24-2003, 06:36 PM
I've got the educational version. It came with Saslite. As far as I know, it's identical to the full version.

Paul W

SplineGod
04-24-2003, 08:56 PM
There is no difference between the "full" version and the educational version other then the license agreement.
Saslite should be there.

webgenie
04-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Just for the record, if anyone has had the same problem, some disks went out with missing files. Newtek has emailed these to me, sasquatch is great, and hopefully everything is ok now. I did notice I couldn't seem to render the test braid. I just get a grey square when trying to render it. Any idea why?(everything else seems to render great).

Also, are there supposed to be any premade presets? I have none whatsoever, and was wondering if there wasn't supposed to at least be some.

ryanlhanscom
05-13-2003, 11:28 PM
Can you please email these missing files to me...im on a tight deadline and I just got 7.5b does not have it on mine either....its not located anywhere on CD or my computer....

Please Help!!!!
[email protected]