PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to make Tension 1.0 by default on keys?

sami
01-30-2005, 01:36 AM
hi all,

Just wondering if there is a setting in the config or a plugin that I could get all keyframes to be TCB with a Tension setting of 1 by defualt just by hitting the enter key?

and as a bonus if it would do that in the graph editor for ANY envelope too by default... is this possible? or is this one of those easy things I've missed amidst the mass of cool features all these years... :)

thanks!

sami

hrgiger
01-30-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm not aware of any such plug-in but I would guess it's probably because nobody yet has thought it would be a useful plug to write. I find that only a small relative number of keys need to be set to 1 in most scenes. I only use it to keep things like feet and such from slipping.

sami
01-30-2005, 06:34 AM
thanks... maybe I'll try it in LScript... I'm using quite a few 1.0's in some char animations I'm doing at present... seems like it looks good with all the traditional snap and follow thru etc maybe I'm using too few keys? hmmm I'll play around a bit more... :)

tudor
01-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Save this following script as a .ls script. Add as a plug and put anywhere in your menu setup.

@warnings

generic
{
CommandInput("SetTCB 1.000 0 0");
}

It might not be a perfect solution, but it is just one click from now on.
I'm afraid it puts tension to 1 on all channels. I hope that is ok..
Quite easy to do stuff like this with LS Commander without knowing jack about coding :)

thanks... maybe I'll try it in LScript... I'm using quite a few 1.0's in some char animations I'm doing at present... seems like it looks good with all the traditional snap and follow thru etc maybe I'm using too few keys? hmmm I'll play around a bit more... :)

sami
01-30-2005, 09:38 AM
cool! :D thanks for that - I keep forgetting about Lscript commander and end up wading through the manual and the mailing list.. heheh

jgjones
01-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I was missing the old "Default Tension" feature quite a bit myself, so I recently wrote a Layout Master plugin which takes advantage of the new 8.2 ability to stay active and remember it's settings after quitting and restarting Layout.

What it does is replicate the long-lost (LW5.6?) Default Tension feature that automatically set the tension of new keyframes to whatever you wanted, rather than the default 0.0. As you create keyframes in the main Layout window, using the Enter key, it will set the tension on the new keys automatically. (It will NOT create keyframes on channels where there were none, unlike SetTCB.)

It does not set the tension when AutoKey Create is on, but doing an enter-key keyframe-create will set the tension on the keys made by AutoKey Create. It also will not interfere with creating keyframes in the Graph Editor directly. Also, it only sets the tension on TCB keyframes, thus not mucking up Bezier or other types. Double-clicking on the plugin in the Master plugins panel brings up the interface where you can enter your desired Tension amount.

It's available here:

http://home.comcast.net/~jgj252/LW/DefaultTension.zip
(Intel, *** LW 8.2 ONLY ***)

HTH,

-Jim