PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 v 8.(.2)

adrian
01-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Ok I've read all the sales bumph and now I see that Newtek Europe are offering a special upgrade price. Obviously Newtek makes the new version sound very appealing but I'd like to hear opinions from the horses mouth so to speak.

So do you reckon it's worth me upgrading from 7.5 to 8.2? Is the new version that much better than 7.5?

I was always going to upgrade at some point but if it's that good maybe I should take advantage of the new lower price and go ahead now.

Adrian.

Tesselator
01-29-2005, 08:07 PM
So do you reckon it's worth me upgrading from 7.5 to 8.2? Is the new version that much better than 7.5?

Adrian.

YES!

(and by the time you get 8.2 installed there will probably
be 8.2.1 available for DL that will cure any little quirks
there are)

:cool:

ingo
01-30-2005, 03:16 AM
If you're on a Mac : NO !. If you're on a PC, i have no clue. But you should buy that nice upgrade offer anyway, its worth the price. Then you could decide yourself if its good or not.

JML
02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
I work on LW8.2 at work and I have at home LW7.5c...

after working a lot in 8.2, it really makes me want to upgrade to 8.2 at home..
8.2 had some little bugs, but the new antialiasing are pretty good I think by itself
(and all the other stuff)

(but since it's kind of late, I might just wait for LW9... it might be in a awhile, I know..
I probably upgrade to 8.2 when it will say that people who upgrade to 8.2 will get LW9 for free...
or if there is a cool offer as for example, a full version of sasquatch for free,etc...)

JML
02-02-2005, 05:21 PM
ingo, a guy at work is going to use LW on mac, I never really used LW on macs, but I'm curious , what are the major things you have problem with ?
(if he has big problem, I would like to be prepare for it)
(my boss are finally starting a switch to LW, so sometimes at lunch we watch training videos and I also watch to answer questions they might have)

ingo
02-03-2005, 02:52 AM
The biggest problem with the 8.01 and 8.2 updates is that they "killed" the interface. I got huge numbers in the coordinates windows, so i can only read the last six numbers (4 behind the decimal point). And worst of all you don't know where LW puts the numbers that you type, you can highlight the z-coordinates but LW puts the numbers in at the X-coordinates, same in other input fields. So iswitched back to 8.0, here it works as expected.

Also look here : http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=32589

JML
02-03-2005, 05:59 AM
that's really weird..
with all those little 8.2 bugs, I'm sure they are going to have 8.2.1 very soon...

JML
02-03-2005, 04:39 PM
ingo..
I think you are using formz, right ? which format do you use to import
a formz object into LW on a mac? what it the best way you found ?

ingo
02-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Hi, i still use the Electric Image fact file to get my modells into LW since i have an old 3.5 FormZ under Mac OS 9. I usually export by color, so every color gets an extra layer in LW.