PDA

View Full Version : New Member, just saying hello.

rflo
01-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I am new to this program and 3D all around. I figured this would be a good place to start, so for now all I have to contribute is a friendly "Hello". I hope to learn a lot from everyone here, and I'm going to apologize now for my ultra-newbie questions that I'm sure to have.

---
rflo

wacom
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
As to if LW is the best 3D program can be debated. But one thing that is not is the sense of community you'll find with it and boards like this. Welcome to the fam. Now what's the first question?

adrian
01-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums. I have found this place to be a valuable source of information and a great place to share your work with others whilst getting constructive criticism along the way....

LW is definately ONE of the top 3D programs around and very powerful. Prepare for a steep learning curve but it'll be fun!!

Adrian.

madjester
01-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Hello and welcome, I've been using Lightwave for about 3 years on and off but only recently started posting here. The community here is great and are quick to answer all kinds of questions.

I have to say after using a number of 3D programs from Amapi to Maya, Lightwave has to be the most intuitve of them all in my opinion.

ravantra
01-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Welcome....I have been visting here for a while and have found this community to be extremely helpful. They have made learning MUCH easier. THANKS!!!

LAV
02-01-2005, 02:21 PM
welcome! LW is ... wow!

hrgiger
02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Welcome. Don't worry what the software can do. Just worry about what you can do.

rflo
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Welcome. Don't worry what the software can do. Just worry about what you can do.

Just like the video/film world. It doesn't matter if you use a Panavision with all the super lenses, if you don't know how to use it right, it's gonna come out looking like trash. I've already learned a lot thanks to everyone here.

lede
02-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Nice to see a new waver comming on board. I've been actively involved in this forum fort about a year now and the people here are great! They have helped me grow in many different directions.

-Lee