PDA

View Full Version : Is this being used with permission?

js33
01-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I was browsing a font site and saw a flash ad linking to this site.

Jamster Ringtones, Wallpaper, Phone apps, etc... (http://jamster.com/jiw/go?display=overview&search=Crazy%20Frog&mplx)

I remember this being done in LW and posted last year. I don't recall who did it (don't have time to look it up). But I just wondered if it was being used with permission as I didn't see any credits on the page.

Cheers,
JS

Matt
01-27-2005, 04:04 PM
I doubt it, I've seen a TV ad for the sound as a ring tone too.

Bytehawk
01-27-2005, 04:31 PM
yes it is,

the author responded on a similar thread at cgtalk about this

harlan
01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Way to go Tattletale!!!! :)

I was browsing a font site and saw a flash ad linking to this site.

Jamster Ringtones, Wallpaper, Phone apps, etc... (http://jamster.com/jiw/go?display=overview&search=Crazy%20Frog&mplx)

I remember this being done in LW and posted last year. I don't recall who did it (don't have time to look it up). But I just wondered if it was being used with permission as I didn't see any credits on the page.

Cheers,
JS

js33
01-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I remember when the animation was first posted at CGtalk may have been posted here too. I know the sound was just one of those inet things that was out there with no author. But the animation was original artwork that should be copyrighted.
I know there are many ripoffs out there and companies using people's work without any permission or compensation.

But more power too him if he made a deal.

In one way it's dangerous to post your work on a public forum but then again with so many CGers seeing it there are that many more eyes out there to watch for ripoffs.

Cheers,
JS

Matt
01-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I stand corrected! :D

js33
01-27-2005, 05:31 PM
yes it is,

the author responded on a similar thread at cgtalk about this

Can you post the link to that thread?

I just saw a TV ad by the same company. I'm curious what they pay for animations now.

Cheers,
JS

Bytehawk
01-28-2005, 04:48 AM
even better :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4210407.stm

art
01-28-2005, 08:12 AM
The author of the animation, Erik Wernquist, also states clearly on his website that he gave Jamba!/Jamster permission to use his frog.

http://www.turboforce3d.com/annoying/

js33
01-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Well I think that's cool that they are getting compensated and that they have created a ringtone phenom. Apparently the company Jamster is raking in the dough on this to the tune of 10 million pounds. OK ringtones here I come. hehehe.

But apparently not everyone is happy about it.

Quote from the BBC website.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that it is particularly sad that in a world where the western income has become so disposable we can afford to pay for this annoying rubbish. The idea that large companies (and even individuals)are making profit from this is beyond me. I'm tempted to stamp on the next phone I hear playing it! (Have actually warned someone at work twice now!)
Martin Stickley, Scarborough
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehehehe. OK I want to make one even more annoying and inferiate old bastards all over the world. Hehehehe....Wait I am an old bastard. :D

Cheers,
JS

art
01-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I do not understand how people can pay for ANY ringtone or stupid background for that matter. Some cell ringtones barely resemble the original song and backgrounds.. i'd make one myself.

I am probably the last dinosaur in the tri-state area without a cell phone :eek:

js33
01-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Hehehehe. I don't have one either but I would gladly take money from all the people that do have them. :D

Cheers,
JS

toonafish
01-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I hope he's making a lot of dough from it because I see it all the time on tv here in the netherlands. :D