PDA

View Full Version : Da Bomb... and Rope testing

cathuria
01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
I had a squirrely idea and made a thingamabob ;)
And then I thought it might be a good place to try out the beta of the Rope plug-in. At first, I was a bit daunted by the manual ("Watch out! Careful! Don't! Aiyee!"), but then I found it to be a straight-forward and easy to use tool that immediately became indispensable. Well done.

As for this, I think it's a hyperspatial quantum annihilator bomb... but you can say it's something more peaceful if you like.

riki
01-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Looks great, rope worked well. I haven't used rope yet since it's not ready for the Mac yet.

nthused
01-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Very cool.

adrian
01-28-2005, 12:47 AM
That looks excellent, nice and detailed.

I must try that rope plugin myself....

Adrian.

NormJ
01-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Cathuria,

Not sure I could determine what it is, peaceful or not, but it sure looks intriguing and nicely done.

I'm curious where all you used "Rope" here.

Norm

cathuria
01-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks, folks!

NormJ: The Rope-ing is just where it is most obvious -- on the red/green wiring and the thicker metallic cables at top & bottom. For both of these, I simply used presets that came with the plug-in.

Paintmonkey
02-07-2005, 10:57 PM
That is one cool; whatever it is. Great modeling. Sweet Texturing.

Hopefully the pluggin will be ready for Mac by the the time I have to dig the Christmas lights model out for next years commercials. I spent this christmas using rails to twist the wire leads to a high-res strand of lights and had to take the time to get the twisted cables to enter the sockets of the lights.

Is this plug-in a beast; or will it get me home early? Also, who sells it?

- No sleep for the designers.

Cheers,
Paintmonkey

prospector
02-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Careful on your hyperspatial quantum annihilator bomb,
I see no main plug anywhere.

And just like M-5 on Star Trek, if you can't shut it down, there could be trouble. ;)

Doran
02-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Stand back folks, this might be.. dangerous. :O)

StereoMike
02-10-2005, 07:01 AM
I'm pretty sure these greenish rolls near the middle are mom's curlers....