PDA

View Full Version : Future MPF Ship

Cobalt
01-27-2005, 11:42 AM
One of several design options for future Maritme Prepositioning Ships. These are floating armories that hold combat equipment and supplies minus the troops, which stay "stateside" until they are called into action.

elimin8r
01-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Cobalt,

That is a great render - the water looks very realistic. I like your hull surface, too. The lighting is great - what settings did you use to render? FPrime?

Elimin8r

Cobalt
01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey "elimin8r",

Yeah ... there were these two crazy guys that I go to work with a while that showed me how to do fast radiosity renders with FPrime. I think they moved on to Paragon City until they are called back for their super Lightwave abilities.

elimin8r
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Wow, that's dedication. I know I will sleep better at night knowing that someone is protecting Paragon City... no matter what contract has to suffer!

Seriously, great work - I can't wait to see what other stuff you've been busy with - if we ever get back down there, that is...

Elimin8r (from back in my old Unreal Tournament days)

cgbloke2004
01-27-2005, 06:35 PM
nice renders - a bit..murky? i guess its because its a misty/ocean scene..?
i've heard about these concepts before, nice to see them not in one of those more 'neutral' looking renders that you normally get out of defence projects..

i recognise the hull texture.. :D i think.. :)

is that 'wakes' or 'crests' you have on top of your water there? how did you do that?

Cobalt
01-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Howdy cgbloke2004,

Wave crest are made with gradient textures that reference the height of the wave deformation.

The wakes of the ships are just big alpha maps.

adrian
01-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I agree it's a very good render, but I think you need to put in some foaming waves near the front of the ship. It's been a long day and I can't remember the proper term for what I'm trying to describe!

Adrian.