PDA

View Full Version : Existing Feature improvement poll

hrgiger
01-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Forget new tools for a minute. Where do you think the current version (8.2) of Lightwave needs more improvement?

If it's not listed here, say what you think but let's try and stay constructive. All software could stand improvements and Lightwave is no exception.

If you choose one of the more general categories like character animation, list something specific you would like to see improved about character animation.

I would have added UV tools but as we just got rid of that nasty distortion problem with UV's as of 8.2, I figured we'd all be pretty happy about UV's right now.

trick
01-27-2005, 01:14 PM
One stable application were ALL native tools support ALL features !!!

GruvSyco
01-27-2005, 02:32 PM
D. All of the above! err.... True. err... I dunno

Dodgy
01-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see the numeric interfaces overhauled, so every numeric field has it's own T and E buttons, and each feature can read the correct modified numeric value of every other feature ( like getting the rotation of an object after IK :) )

CAClark
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
All things interface really, but especially the redraw speed and general opengl twitchiness that lightwave has.

Cheers!

Rory_L
01-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Interface. I want conformity throughout.

And I like Dodgy`s idea of T&A buttons. Whoops! T&E buttons. :D

R

Nemoid
01-29-2005, 02:07 AM
as a strategic area... i ended to vote for SDK improvements and opening.

this would allow third party programmers and NT team itself to compile fantastic plugs to improve several areas of Lw. :)

hrgiger
01-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Wait, are you saying that you voted for SDK or you weren't voting for it? Cuz there currently are no votes for the SDK.

I fully agree and think that should definately be a priority for Newtek.

I personally voted for dynamics because I still feel cloth has a long way to go to be usable, especially with the collison process.

Aegis
01-30-2005, 03:52 AM
All things interface really, but especially the redraw speed and general opengl twitchiness that lightwave has.

You just need to build more efficient models Craig! :p

Nemoid
02-02-2005, 03:45 AM
Wait, are you saying that you voted for SDK or you weren't voting for it? Cuz there currently are no votes for the SDK.

I fully agree and think that should definately be a priority for Newtek.

I personally voted for dynamics because I still feel cloth has a long way to go to be usable, especially with the collison process.

uhm.. maybe someting got wrong with the poll? i was sure having voted for SDK indeed.maybe i was just lazy and made some error. pls consider my vote as for sdk.

Captain Obvious
02-02-2005, 04:13 AM
as a strategic area... i ended to vote for SDK improvements and opening.

this would allow third party programmers and NT team itself to compile fantastic plugs to improve several areas of Lw. :)

That's what I figured, and how I voted. ;)

Nemoid
02-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Obvious !! :D

3cl3c71k0r
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
There is only one fix that I would like to see - a new rotation system. Everything else is just icing on the cake. I love the tools that have been developed. [8] rules. But until gimbal lock disappears, I just can't justify purchasing any upgrades. I'm still running 6.5, just waiting for at least the option of using a fully functional rotation system.

DaveW
02-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I haven't done much testing with it yet, but QuaternionBooster is a motion modifier that changes an items rotation system to quaternion, thus eliminating gimbal lock.

3cl3c71k0r
02-07-2005, 07:55 AM
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

The quaternion option should take care of so many problems. I must run some immediate tests to find out.

Back on the thread topic, LW still needs this option for more than bones.

bonojerry
02-07-2005, 02:37 PM
I would like to see move, drag, rotate, stretch, and size be commands that automatically turned themselves off after use......I guess I am looking for keyboard/mousecombinations for simple manipulations on elements like there are for manipulations of viewports.

It would so speed up and make workflow more efficient (half the energy).

Thank you, thank you very much.....Elvis has left the building.

b o n o j e r r y

Dodgy
02-07-2005, 03:58 PM
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

Back on the thread topic, LW still needs this option for more than bones.

If you apply it as a motion modifier, you can do that for any item, not just bones...