PDA

View Full Version : re-mapping config files? (Screamernet)

c0deb0y
01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
LW8, WinXP

Ok, I'm going through LW8 help file section entitled "Distributed Rendering:Introduction" and I'm at the part where you move your config files to the config folder within LW8 folder. It then says change the target to the following:

"C:\Program Files\LightWave8\Programs\lightwav.exe -cC:\Program Files\LightWave8\Config"

I did this but Windows just throws up an error message saying:

" The name 'C:\Program Files\LightWave8\Programs\lightwav.exe -cC:\Program Files\LightWave8\Config' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and name are correct. "

I know the path is correct, and I've even tried getting rid of the quotes but it won't accept the path including the path to the configs files. Any suggestions?
Thanks

gjjackson
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
There use to be an issue with spaces in the path with some render interfaces. I'm not sure it's the case here. That's why I reinstalled it in C:\Lightwave and without the [8]. Your path doesn't include the [8]. The default install uses "Program Files\Lightwave[8]"

Matt
01-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Have a look here for more detailed tutorials:

ScreamerNet tutorials:
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=26572

c0deb0y
01-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys. Here's the answer. gjjackson got me thinking about the no spaces thing and when I moved the LW8 folder out of the "Program Files" folder straight into C:\ then it worked just fine. *note the space between "Program" and "Files"
I appreciate the links too. It can't hurt to have more info!
C