PDA

View Full Version : Apple I-Pod

null studios om
01-27-2005, 08:24 AM
This is the old Apple Mcintosh I pod...how does it look???

Hope u like it. :)

null studios om
01-27-2005, 08:37 AM

sidetrak
01-27-2005, 11:04 AM
You should try and tone down the specularity on the ipod and the planes it sets on, it makes it too bright and appear washed out,, and also try a higher line aliasing setting, you can see where it needs some, especially in the first picture

etobiason
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Good work, I agree the HDR image is washing out your renders a bit. Try this: under Image Processing, click Limit Dynamic Range. This will reign in your HDR reflections a bit.

Nakaleen
02-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm the reverse, I quite like that washed out look.

The pod itself, looks nice and clean, not that I have seen one up close (I have a iRiver PMP120 instead) but sidetrak is right, antialiase it a bit more.

Captain Obvious
02-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Some "technical" errors:

It's Apple iPod, nothing else. It's not a Macintosh (and it's spelled that way, not "Mcintosh"). Macs are the computers. iPods are the portable media players. Newton was the handheld computer. Cinema Displays are displays. Etc etc.

The proportions are way off. The iPod is almost twice as tall as it is wide, yours seems to be almost square.

The monitor on the iPod is, I think, 4:3, the monitor on your image is too wide.

The four buttons below the monitor are too small in your image. They're really slightly wider than the monitor.

The scroll wheel on your image is way too small. It's actually almost exactly as wide as the monitor. Speaking of the wheel, the button at the center of it is the exact same color as the rest of the white case, not darker.

The Apple logo looks odd, and Apple never, ever use Comic Sans. Ever. I don't think they even want to admit it exists. ;)

Don't take it too hard, I have some good points too! ;)

The 'glowish' effect on the last images make it seems lightly translucent, which is is.

In your images, the actual monitor is slightly inset but with completely clear plastic above it that's on the same level as the main casing. Again, this is how it is on the real iPod. Nice that you thought about that!