PDA

View Full Version : Saveing out to rtv.?

Randall Chesbro
01-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I though someone said that saveing out to .rtv does not work well. and to save out as another type of file . is that true? any ideas. IM using vt4 w/lw8.

Lew
01-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Saving to a .rtv works great most of the time, and it sure is fast if you need to get the animation over to a program in the shortest time.

It will, however, sometimes only render about 2 sec. of the animation and think it's done, so it's a good idea to also save out a targa sequence of frames. If the rtv works, you can throw the tga's away, and if it doesn't, you can take them into Aura or Mirage and create your rtv from the sequence.

Interesting, the same plug in from LW6 is still used, but with LW8, it renders the rtv file with an .avi extension. Nothing will play the file with that extension, but if you rename it to xxx.rtv, then VT4 loves it and you're off to the races.

Hope this helps.
Lew

Randall Chesbro
01-27-2005, 08:45 PM
yes i ran into that 2 second thing after leting it go over night. I saw it rendering but never saved. I enden up useing Bobs rtv plugin and so far so good.
Iv only had LW 8 crash maybe 3 time in three days. I guess thats good. Im glad I learnd to save alot.

thanks for the help.
randyc