PDA

View Full Version : exporting EPS UVmap doesn't interpolate

DaledeSilva
01-26-2005, 07:18 AM
I'm using Lightwave 8.2.

I discovered the added ability to use other interpolation methods for a UV texture map (such as "Linear Edges" or "across discontinuous edges").

this is very handy except that it seems exporting the map as an Encapsulated PostScript file for reference when creating the texture ONLY EXPORTS THE MAP WITH LINEAR INTERPOLATION - no matter what the interpolation method is set to.

which makes the eps export usless in this instance.

I'm wondering if anyone knows another way of exporting the UVmap for reference without just taking a screengrab (any free plugins?).

hunter
01-26-2005, 09:09 AM
I use UV imaginator which I just tested and it doesn't support them either. Screengrabs the only way I can figure. Hope someone else has better news. :rolleyes:

Elmar Moelzer
01-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone!
The UV- map interpolation is very new as is all the new UV- tool functionality, some tools still dont take it into account, but will be updated to work with it.
In the mean time you could try to simply freeze the object at a low to medium level and export the resulting uv- map (the UV- interpolation will show correctly even in the frozen mesh). I know that this is not always that convenient but it is IMHO often better than just taking a screenshot.
We cant say yet when an update for the other tools will be available, but rest assured that we will not stop our UV- rework with LW8.2, but will go on and finish this part up.
CU
Elmar

hunter
01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Excellent! Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled with the new UV's. :)