PDA

View Full Version : Dicreet edit 6.5

nsiopis
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Hello,
I am going to be working with an editor that works with Dicreet Edit 6.5.
What do you think would be the best render format I should be using when sending him files. I could be any type of animation. I have the lates ver of Lightwave.

thank you for your help :eek:

dito
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I think the best format would be Image Sequence 8 or 16 bit (8 bit 30% of the time gives me color aliasing problem especially in HD or Film) it could be Tiff or Cineon FP, if 8 bit use Targa. it is best to ask editor what he would prefer.

Digital Junkie
01-25-2005, 12:01 PM
I actually used to work with an editor who used Edit for a few years. I would usually send him Targas (This is actually a format for video) Discreet dropped Edit a few years back (2001?) and decided that if you wanted to stay with discreet software you would have to upgrade to Inferno (which costs like ten times as much) so a lot of Edit owners were really pissed off (I cant blame them, I feel sorry for whoever bought the software right before they dropped it) Anywho Edit is a bit dated these days so you might run into compatabilty problems using newer image files. Hope this helps.

nsiopis
01-25-2005, 12:05 PM
thank you for your help and the quick reply.
Niko :)

Lightwolf
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
We still use our trusty edit 6.0 here, and targa is imho the best format. 8bit is all edit can handle (per channel -> 24bit rgb).

...and I still don't see any video editing solution that comes close *sob* ;)

BTW, Smoke was the one to switch too, not Inferno...

Cheers,
Mike - who is pi**ed at discreet too.