PDA

View Full Version : Installing LW 7.5 on a Windows 2003 Server (Enterprise) Box

sdarpel
01-24-2005, 12:08 PM
I am supporting my LW guy, by trying to put together a killer rendering farm. We have access to over 20 HT P4's, with a min of 512MB ram, most with 1GB.

I was running a Win version of LW 7.5 on an XP Pro machine and was dissappointed on how poorly it managed the work. It seemed my processors were ALWAYS waiting for something to chew on (I am running two SN clients on each HT machine). After a bit of investigation, I realized that after 6-8 clients, my XP Pro box is not really set up to handle that many simultaneous connections to other machines.

So, I dug an older PIII, 500 Mhz machine out and installed Windows Server 2003 (Enterprise) on it, hoping to use it only as a render master, just to dish out the work to the clients. I cannot, however, get LW 7.5 to install on this machine. I get a "Error 1325.Legacy_Plugins is not a valid short file name" Error.

Can anyone shed a little light?

iain_r
01-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Check out Microsoft website for Error 1325. Information refers to Office and COM+ installations, they have a hot fix, you may need to install the service packs for the server.

Good luck.

Iain.