PDA

View Full Version : ACS vs TSM

Darth Mole
04-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Which is the better character rigger? I quite fancy getting one but it's a tough call.

Auto Character Setup ($90), or The Setup Machine ($199)?

ACS is already available for OS X and TSM will be Macified shortly. So, anyone care to proffer any suggestions?

quatermain
04-15-2003, 10:36 PM
ACS4 is the perfect tool for rigging fools like me. I love it! If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it now

Zarathustra
04-16-2003, 08:01 AM
I just got ACS4. It's overwhelming at first, but I think I can get the hang of it pretty quickly.
For most characters, I think this thing will do all your work. For something out of the norm, I figure I can either customize it or use it as a learning tool for how to sit down and do the real work on my own.

I spent a half hour converting the standard rig to an older human model of mine, applying ACS4 then applying a walk motion that comes with ACS4. Sure enough, he's rigged and walking. DAMN simple.

Weird thing - after it rigs your character, it crashes. No worries, though, because it saves your scene with the newly rigged character before crashing (it's the least it could do).

$90. I think it's worth it, plus you have access to new rigs as they come out on the site like a dog and a ninja or something.

Jean-Paul Lar.
04-16-2003, 11:14 AM
I have also purchased Acs4 mac osx and am not lookin back its awsome!!!
but in a comparison i cant really say cause ive never used tsm? but trust me on this you wont regret the purchase of acs4 either...

its a steal at the current price concidering the time it saves you in the end....
:) :cool: acs4 rocks....

Hellbring
04-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Take a look at ortho pak 1 over at Irrational number (http://www.irrationalnumber.com/html/Irr_home.htm)

while its not rigging the tools have all the functionality of working with skelgons in modeler but now you can adjust everything in layout.

turbo
04-17-2003, 06:42 PM
ACS4, that's what I'm using. I agree it was a little overwhelming at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. And true, you can't beat the price. :)