PDA

View Full Version : what exactly are blue polys for???

heynewt
01-23-2005, 03:50 PM
I've been seeing the blue polys in Modeler since 8.0, or was it 7.5? Anyway, I sort of get the significance of the fact that newly created polys on an existing model are colored blue.

But that's all I've gotten from it. What exactly do blue polys in modeler mean, and how is that helping you guys in your modeling? I'm sure there's something great and productive that I'm just missing.

Robert Newton

Lewis
01-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I've been seeing the blue polys in Modeler since 8.0, or was it 7.5? Anyway, I sort of get the significance of the fact that newly created polys on an existing model are colored blue.

But that's all I've gotten from it. What exactly do blue polys in modeler mean, and how is that helping you guys in your modeling? I'm sure there's something great and productive that I'm just missing.

Robert Newton

Blue polygons in modeler ? I didn't saw that (only if i give them blue surface). Maybe you have problems with GFX card drivers ?

Are you talking about blue wireframes or really polygons colored blue while you model/create them ?

Any instructions to recreate this ?

hairy_llama
01-23-2005, 04:16 PM
I think its just hte "sketch color"... just change it it back to gray( or red or green or whatever you like) if you don't like the blue.

heynewt
01-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I meant the blue polys and wireframes working in "sketch" mode. I spend a lot of time in modeling in sketch mode.

So it's not some cool feature that everyone uses for something that I hadn't figured out yet. I was just curious.

Thanks,

Robert