PDA

View Full Version : HV / Flow Tracer and transparency issues

cmann_2000
01-23-2005, 03:40 PM
I've been having trouble with hypervoxels and transparency, and I decided to demo RealFlow, and now I'm having the same problem. When I render a fluid pouring into a glass, the glass erases the particles. I tried rendering with trace transparency, but that didn't help much; the fluid is supposed to refract, but instead it just goes flat as soon as it passes behind the glass. This rendering is using the Flow Tracer plugin from NextLimit: www.dreamink.org/flow.jpg
Also, is there a way to get the transparency to not erase the shadow in the lower right corner of that picture?

Chris

evenflcw
01-23-2005, 10:53 PM
How many ray recursions do you have?

cmann_2000
01-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I had 16 in the image posted. I decided to stick to hypervoxels, since the rendering quality is better than the RealFlow plugin. However, if someone knows of a way to make it work, I'd be curious.

holeycow
01-26-2005, 04:58 AM
I've recently produced a few tvcs using realflow with lw to produce animated water in a glass.

During my initial tests, I found rendering with hv or flowtracer far too slow to be viable.

Instead I used mesh sequences, which is the great thing about using realflow.

Once you have your mesh sequence, the materials and lighting interact with it just like any other object.

It means doing more of the work in realflow, but it's worth it.

The interface they've designed makes it really easy to import the mesh sequence.

Good luck!