PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error

chuckg
01-23-2005, 10:27 AM
When I try to launch VT3 I get an error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error! program c:\VT3\VT[3]\.exe abnormal program termination

When I try to launch VT3 again, I get another message saying that the last session did not exit cleanly and it asks if configurations should be reset. After VT3 finally starts, all my resets are gone and I have to recall them. Does anyone know what's going on with this?
Chuck :)

roybast
04-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I have placed this post here because I have this same problem.

My unit is installed in my OB unit in the engineering rack. Today I switched on and immediately had problems including the dreaded BSD. After re-seating the boards and checking connections I managed to get XP Pro to launch and run.

However when I tried to launch VT[3] the runtime error box came up as per the previous thread.

What do we do please?????

Please also bear in mind that I am in the UK, where official support is minimal.

tmon
04-10-2005, 04:43 AM
This has happened to me before.

You could try to run autoconfig, but it is possible that to correct the problem, you may have to do an uninstall and fresh reinstall of the VT software.

roybast
04-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Thanks - Yes I agree this is possibly the solution, however ther are several other issues which have come up, resulting in having to send the board back to Newtek in Europe - Incidentaly the lack of any feedback from the gen kiddies at Newtek in the US about this problem (as there are quite a few threads posted on the forum about this problem) is very concerning. As is the lack of replys to private e-mails.
In the UK we have no dealer support network, as you have in the US, we only have re-sellers who take the cash and run!!! Buyer beware!!!