PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 Rendering problem

taz629
01-23-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't know if this is an 8.2 problem or my system.

I have been running the first release of LW8 ( 7.5 uprade to 8 ) with no problems that I knew of. I upgraded to 8.2 and when I render a frame in layout the image has a checkerboard pattern on everything. Objects and background. even if I have no objects and just render a blank scene you can still see a slight checker pattern on the image. :(

Windows XP pro, Ath 64 3000, ATI 800XT video

meanlebh
01-23-2005, 11:41 AM
Do you have your dongle in? I could be wrong but it sounds like LW is running in Discovery Edition to me....I believe that it places this checkerboard pattern on renders as a watermark....

taz629
01-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes. I do have the dongle in. The only thing I know thats changed from when I renderd in 8.0 is the upgrad to 8.2.

I notice know that it says Discovery Edition at the top of the layout window. :eek:

Whats with that? How do I take care of this? :confused:

Kurtis
01-23-2005, 01:27 PM
taz629,

There's a number of things that could be happening here.

The first thing that I would recommend doing is to try re-entering your Permanent License Key. It may be as simple as the "license.key" file becoming corrupted or gone missing.

Next, make sure the update installed to the same folder as your original LightWave installartion, and that you don't have a second LightWave folder now.

Finally, if it's a USB dongle, make sure the green LED is lit and/or try it in a different USB port. It may just be a coincidence that you developed a problem with either the dongle or the port about the time you installed the update.

If none of these work, contact Technical Support and they should be able to help you further.

taz629
01-23-2005, 02:38 PM
:( Well the dongles light was on but when I took it out and put it back in I got no sighn from the info bar that anything was done. I put it in another port and I got the message " new hardware found" so I had a bad port. It only got worse.

It wanted to search for a driver like it had never been installed before. I went along and installed the driver agin but when it was installing it rebooted the computer and came up with a critical error.

Long story short, I ended up completly removing everything from the computer and did a fresh install. I never got past installing the drivre. If I let it select the drivr it errors out during install and tells me that the driver is not for XP.

If I pick a driver it reboots with the error.

The last t ime it completed the install but as soon as I plug the dongle the computer reboots. :mad:

I guess I will be spending a long time on the phone with tech support tomorrow

Kurtis
01-23-2005, 02:52 PM
taz629,

It's been a while since I was in Technical Support, but when I was over there, this was a problem that people occasionally encountered when using Windows XP.

Basically, what has happened is that the driver for the dongle has become corrupted on your system.

Technical Support will be open tomorrow, and they will be able to tell you if there is a newer route to getting past this problem, but the following steps were what worked when I was over there.

http://www.newtek.com/support/tech/faqs/lw/bsod.htm

Then, when you reinstall, try the following:

http://www.newtek.com/support/tech/faqs/lw/usbxp.htm

taz629
01-23-2005, 07:11 PM
:D That took care of it.

Restore point before 8.2, uninstall everything, Install sentinel driver, then LW.

Thanks to all for your help. :D

Kurtis
01-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Glad I was able to help.

Good luck.