PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.2 crashes when saving Quicktime animation

BeyondCloister
01-23-2005, 07:10 AM
I've just upgraded to Lightwave 8.2 on a G4 iMac running OS 10.3.7 with QuickTime Pro 6.5.2.

I tried rendering a short animation but Lightwave crashed when it reached the adding frame to animation file part.

This worked fine under Lightwave 8.0.

Has anyone else seen this problem or can advise me how to get around this issue?

ingo
01-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Happend here too. I changed the compression codecs and suddenly i can render the animation. The standard "animation" codec seems to cause a problem.

donski
01-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey, haven't downloaded 8.2 yet but what you're describing sounds very familiar.

When I switched LW from a G4 to a G5 all my scenes that worked would suddenly crash just as it was going to add the next frame to the .mov file.

The answer was that LW had some erroneous quicktime reference from the other machine. At first I would open the .lws file and edit something out at the quicktime line but what was easiest was:

Open the .lws, do your scene business and when you're ready to render,
OutputFiles, Type, enter none, and then enter quicktime, pick your compression option.

That fixed the problem instantly, as it seemed to refresh sourcing the quicktime codecs
or something like that. That's my general understanding of what was going on.
Hope this helps.
don

nsolo
01-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I am having a similar problem with 8.2, but it happens when switching cameras during the rendering. If I run the render without changing to another camera it saves the QT animation fine. Could this be a bug? :cool: