PDA

View Full Version : Load Scene Bug?

hunter
01-22-2005, 01:46 PM
O.K. I did a search but didn't find anything. If I try to load a scene all I can see are .lws files even though all files is selected. This is only in 8. In 7 I can see all files. I even edited the LW8 config file to include .prz it still won't show and neither does .3ds or others. hmm... Is it just me? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time

Silkrooster
01-22-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't recall what a prz file is, however a 3ds file is an object file not a scene file. So to load 3ds file you must use the load object option rather than load scene.
Silk

hunter
01-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for replying. :) I know. And modeller doesn't have the problem. If I choose all files I see all files nomatter what they are. But in Layout I don't I only see lws. And I was mistaken with prz it's pz3 or whatever poser is. :) And the all files are seen in LW 7 so this is new with 8. Can someone please check on this. Just fire up LW 8 and and say load cene and point it to My Documents and see if you can see any files besides lws.
Thanks

Silkrooster
01-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Since lws is the only file format that LW recognizes for scene files that is the only one that gets listed in the file directory. However, If you change the file name from *.lws to *.* you will then see all files listed. And yes pz3 is the format for poser. ;)
Silk

Silkrooster
01-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Well here is a neat little tid bit I just found out. If you try to load a scene from the file menu, you get just the scene files in the directory, like we have been talking about. However, if you use the load scene button or press ctrl o, you can view all files in the directory, because the *.lws is not in the file name box. So I don't know if they did that on purpose, or it is a small bug, that slipped by them.
Silk

hunter
01-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Hmmm... interesting. Nice investigative technique. ;) Yea, it's not a huge deal knowing that I can access them with ctrl+o. What was wrong with the old way though? :confused:
Thanks for your help Silkrooster. :D