PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Discovery Edition

Imatk
01-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I know this has been covered in other posts, but I wanted to adress this again.

Newtek... guys... you MUST provide some sort of "Discovery Edition" link on your site.

I get e-mails from people all the time wondering what 3d package they should try and when I want to point them toward Lightwave I can't point them anywhere because you guys don't have a "Discovery Edition" download page, link, etc.

I know you can download the 7.5d update and just install the sentinal drivers and it will run in Discovery mode...but that's only because I ALREADY know that. For someone looking to try your software out they aren't going to know that... and most likely won't take the time to find out... they'll just Google Maya Learning Edition and that will be that.

I love this program and I would love to see more people use it, but if you guys don't at least do what the other guys are doing then your're basically screwing yourself and new users that could benefit from this excellent software.

cresshead
01-22-2005, 01:21 PM
yeah i ust agree that this is a big issue...though i still have a few 7.5 discovery discs around to lend/give out to my student who want to try lw at home...

and i use lw8 de in class as well as lightwave 7.5 de...made from my install but with no dongle...give them a chance to see use the current version.

i do know that newtek ARE working on a new lightwave demo version and that they want it to be different from the DE version..not sure how but they will realse it as soon as possible..till then you'll have to tell people about the 7.5 update "trick" to get a downloadable demo of lw...

and yes it's a pain seeing as max, cinema, maya and xsi all DO have a demo version avialable right now for free....