PDA

View Full Version : CG Crashes VT[4]

wftiv
01-22-2005, 11:12 AM
While doing a live show in Orlando, FL the first two weeks of January, I discovered that the CG crashed the VT[4] on a regular basis. I could compose a couple of lower 1/3's and then the dreaded error message would appear and all was lost. It got to the point of making it too dangerous in the live environment to even attempt using the CG. Any ideas on what might be the problem(s). I do not have SP1 on the computer yet....it came out too close to the travel time for this particular production. Is there is fix in SP1 for this? Thanks for any suggestions.
Bill Bozarth
Interactive Video

radams
01-22-2005, 11:23 AM
There are several fixes for CG but you'll need to get SP1 on your system and try it out to make certain that it is working the way you need it...

Write it up any way and submit it...

Cheers,

wftiv
01-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. When I get back from CA I will download and install SP1. I hope that will make some difference. I am not really wanting do to more than make up lower 1/3's for ID'ing speakers during live presentations. Seems kind of simple to me, but will have to see if the SP1 download will fix this.

DonN
01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm working with a church in SC and today I heard about their regular crashing the VT4SP1 while using CG. Just clicking on a template will do it. No useful work can be done before it bombs. The error is somethiong about visualC++ not finding something... I am not on site to trouble shoot unforunately. (3 hrs distant !) Should they reinstall the VT4SP1.

Its on a single PIV3.2, 1GB ram, and an onboard raid0(not scsi) video drive, (70 mb/s). These are the folks who tried to live switch DV and capture two cameras over two firewires (2 firewire cards too, one a TI and the other a VIA- I already told them VIA is poison). Now they tape the two cameras and run in the tapes then edit. No SX-8 either. Whoever sold them the system didn't know what the problems were likely to be with their application, and now they are struggling to correct it. They said who it was and its not an authorized dealer, so, again... sigh... there seems to be a grey market of some sort doing this, and making life difficult for real dealers when trouble strikes.

Has NewTek got any fixes for a still unstable CG,
and even worse, is CGPost in my experience.

Personally, I have not had any big issues with CG here in my own studio.Although this CG module is the worst of the lot, for occasional crashing. The rest of the VT is really rock solid, as much as a computer/program can be said to be.
Don