PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with 8.0.1

Dream Designer
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi, im having a small problem installing the 8.1 update, i get the MS DOS window and it disappear quickly and nothin happens. This is the first time this have happened to me because i had 8.1 before but my pc had some problems and it got fixed and they installed me a new HD and i lost all my data, anyways i tried downloading the new 8.2 update and it worked ok, do i have to get 8.1 before installing 8.2?? or im ok with the 8.2 updates? Im using a P4 1.80 GHZ 512 RAM WIN XP SP2.

Thanks in Advance

Silkrooster
01-21-2005, 05:48 PM
To my knowledge there should not be a dos window when LW is installing. I would beleive that the 8.0.1 version was corrupted or you have some kind of virus. If you can get 8.2 to install you should be fine, most companies do a compiled upgrade that is an ungrade would include all point release version between the last whole upgrade to latest version. At the moment I am assuming this of LW, but I am sure, if I am wrong some one will correct me.
Silk

Dream Designer
01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Well when i installed 8.2 that same window pop out but disappear quickly and the lightwave window came out, really strange indeed. But thanks for your help buddy i highly appreciate it :D