PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 + FPrime displacement bug ?

toonafish
01-21-2005, 07:47 AM
8.2 keeps losing FPrime's displacement plugin after saving and reloading a scene. I'm wondering If it's a bug or if it's me. Can anyone confirm this behaviour ?

Thanks

ColinCohen
01-21-2005, 08:16 AM
My understanding is that Worley himself requested this change, and that it will be addressed in a future FPrime update. I have no word, though, when that update will be released.

brap
01-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey, this 'bug' could be good news in disguise!! :))

toonafish
01-21-2005, 08:55 AM
let's all pray we'll get an FPrime updtate soon then

:D

MooseDog
01-21-2005, 10:10 AM
8.2 keeps losing FPrime's displacement plugin after saving and reloading a scene.

i'll confirm that behavior, for what it's worth. if it leads to an improved fprime, i'll suffer here for awhile :D

AVT
01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
LW 8.2 keeps losing EVERY plugin, which has no parameters to save to scene file.
I had "local->inst->save = NULL;" string in my new plugin handler function and LW 8.2 doesnt want to save it to scene file, so i had to add the dummy "Save" procedure.

local->inst->save = Save;

XCALL_( static LWError ) Save( void *priv, const LWSaveState *ss )
{
return NULL;
}

I really have no parameters to save to scene file, but this keeps my plugs from disapperaring.

Lynx3d
01-22-2005, 05:30 AM
Actually the SDK never statet that you can omit the save callback...i would've expected that behaviour anyway, if it doesn't even crash :)
Now it's official.

Also the master handler behaviour changed, perhaps FPrime will make use of that new combination to auto-add this plugin, if it hasn't any settings anyway.
I don't have FPrime, but i guess if you try to load such a scene in a LW without FPrime it will bug you dozends of times that a plugin was not found...?

MooseDog
01-22-2005, 08:22 AM
perhaps FPrime will make use of that new combination to auto-add this plugin

a) i'm certainly not a programmer :o
b) it's been stated that sdk changes were initiated by mr. worley hisself
c) if the rumour is true that this inconvenient behavior was also initiated by mr. worley......

i'm going to fuel the fire and guess that the next iteration of fprime will have a lot more functionality built into its own core instead of depending on lw. the interface will expand as a consequence, and this already powerful tool will become even more so. now it remains to wait.................and geuss some more :D

Panikos
01-22-2005, 09:08 AM
The upcoming update of FPrime will answer some questions.

I think from now on NT and Worley will make frequent releases and solid steps.