PDA

View Full Version : Incremental save bug still in 8.2

ardee
01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
To me it came as a surprise to find the incremental saver bug (error if saving increment of such files as "My_Badly_Looking_Object" because saver tries to interpret everything beyond last underscore as a number) to still be present in 8.2. It's a known bug (though one of rather minor impact) and should be a no-brainer to fix.

brap
01-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Insn't this listed as one of the fixes, or is that something else?

"o Error reported in line 50 (math operation) when saved as an increment object "

ardee
01-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Investigated more thoroughly into this and here's what I found: you're right, brab; they applied some fixing but it's still being mislead quite easily. Names like "myobject_vwer" (because of the leading underscore v letter) or "myobject_0b" (because of the leading digit) will trigger the old error.

This should be fixed properly. If anything beyond the last underscore cannot be converted into a proper number (having a v prefix or not), then just append that "_v001" string. Don't let the conversion routine just bail.

colkai
01-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Stick it up in the bug sticky threads - I agree - this one should be nailed down more.
The more people can confirm this - the better :)