PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get VGA capture to work right?

ScorpioProd
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Is anyone here getting acceptable results from the VGA capture utility???

I'm not. I'm trying to capture slide shows from PowerPoint Viewer, and the results are subpar to be gentle. I'm getting motion artifacts on text sliding in and out of the presentation in the captured video. Stuff almost like trail debris. And the still images are BLURRY.

I'm capturing at 720X480 in RTV format. Should it be interlaced or progressive? I've tried both, with no improvement.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ottis41
07-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I am getting sub par results also, and i am in need of a screen capture utility that gives me good resolution for a project that is due at the end of august.
I have my screens set at 1280 x 1024 its not good. Unreadable text and bad wavey graphics. is there a way to bost the quality, i am coming in DV 2, should i use uncompressed? lower the Screen resolution?
Thank you
O

jport
07-23-2005, 01:29 AM
i've never got the vga option to work to any degree of statisfaction. i finally bit the bullet and bought Camtasia Studio by Tech Smith.

billmi
07-25-2005, 07:31 AM
I've only tried using it to record what a Real Player file looks like playing on the desk top, and unfortunately, it only sees a black hole on the Real Player window. Like many apps, and video cards that output NTSC, it seems to ignore what Windows is handling as video.

Paul Lara
07-25-2005, 09:12 AM
I've only tried using it to record what a Real Player file looks like playing on the desk top, and unfortunately, it only sees a black hole on the Real Player window.

The version 4.5 update will give you the ability to select 'Windows Media' which allows you to capture video instead of a black rectangle. ;)

Rich Deustachio
07-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Eugene, I am able to capture using VGA but as you said I am also getting poor quality.

ScorpioProd
07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Remember guys, I posted that over six months ago, not sure why someone dug up a thread that old.

Anyway, VGA capture works fine for me... Once I accepted the limited quality results, which are just the nature of NTSC.

billmi
07-25-2005, 03:32 PM
The version 4.5 update will give you the ability to select 'Windows Media' which allows you to capture video instead of a black rectangle. ;)

Excellent :-)