PDA

View Full Version : Cache Radiosity in L8

CB_3D
01-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi, our current installation is 8.0. I tried to use Cache radiosity for some architectural walkthroughs, but the second frame just takes as long as the first?! Am i missing something? h, and while we are at it, can cached radiosity solutions be saved and reloaded in 8.2?

ingo
01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
...just wait till you reached the 100ths frame, much longer rendertimes than the first one. A well known bug with interpolated raydiosity. Also responsible for huge rendertimes with print resolution renderings (sigh).

To your second question, no.

NanoGator
01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
I dunno if this helps you or not, but in my experience, cached radiosity usually meant crashes. You really can't continue rendering from the crash because it re-calculates everything and you get a sudden SNAP when you play the animation back.

I'd advise staying away from it. I'd then advise looking into surface baker.

CB_3D
01-21-2005, 05:59 AM
I'd advise staying away from it. I'd then advise looking into surface baker.

Thx. Unfortunatelly we are talking about furniture, plants...wellhundreds of objects. No way i can bake them all in time.

HereŽs hope the next Fprime will allow eficient caching.

CB_3D
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
...just wait till you reached the 100ths frame, much longer rendertimes than the first one. A well known bug with interpolated raydiosity. Also responsible for huge rendertimes with print resolution renderings (sigh).

To your second question, no.

At the risk of being a pain in the @ss, hass this been fixed in 8.2? I really couldnŽt care less about ghosted IK if the renderer doesnŽt work 100%...

Axis3d
01-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Sorry, still not fixed in 8.2. I just tried it.

CB_3D
01-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Great. Good thing we now have a zillion Photoshop filters in the camera panel, though. ;)

CB_3D
01-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Sorry to constantly shift this thread up in the forum, but since this is not a small issue and a known one iŽd like to hear something from Newtek about this. Is this being worked on? Will cacheable Radiosity be fixed and be saveable/loadable (are these the words,lol?) in the near future?

This would be a HUGE render improvement for us achitectural users.

CB_3D
01-24-2005, 06:12 AM
shifting UP UP..

brap
01-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Chris, I agree that this is a very important, and much wanted feature. Myself, I'm hoping that Worley's going to come through for us very soon... :)

Yog
01-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Sorry to constantly shift this thread up in the forum, but since this is not a small issue and a known one iŽd like to hear something from Newtek about this. Is this being worked on? Will cacheable Radiosity be fixed and be saveable/loadable (are these the words,lol?) in the near future?.
I hear the fix is coming "soon" :p

CB_3D
01-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Hopefully. Who said that? Someone who read that someone read it? :D