PDA

View Full Version : Particle system network rending not working without saving motion in 8.2

JoeJustice
01-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Way back when Lightwave 6 first came out, you had to save the motion of every particle system before you could render it properly over the network. With 6.5 they made it so you didnít have to save the system out, just had to click the Fixed frame option. Now when the particle dynamics were fully implemented if you had collision or anything of that nature that required calculations you had to save the system out before you could network render. But as long as you didnít have any calculations going on, you didnít have to save the motion to get it to properly render over the network.

To get to the point, I just tried a few tests using simple particle systems, I didnít save the motion, and they render fin in 8.01 but in 8.2 they have no motion, you have to save the motion to get it to render properly over the network. But I canít find anything in the documentation about any changes made to the particle systems. My guess is itís something that has been change in the screamers. This is a pretty big deal to me, as I hate saving out every single particle systems since I use them heavily for smoke and dust and such.

It could be that Iím missing something all together.

Anyone else having the problem?

-Joe

gaetan
01-21-2005, 05:34 PM
juste use FxBrowser for saving all emitter!

JoeJustice
01-24-2005, 07:38 AM
But that's a work around not fixing the problem . . .