PDA

View Full Version : cost for music video?

fabmedia
01-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I have a great question, I have a client that wants to have a fully 3D music video. It's 3 minutes long. Any idea of what to charge?

jaxtone
01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi!

I believe it depends very much of what ingrediences the manuscript consists. Three minutes of animations can mean loads of work or the opposite, less work. As a producer of film I never give a hint of what money we are talking about before I exactly know what my customer wants me to do.

By the way, here in Sweden rates have changed dramatically the latest three years. Then you could start up with $35000 for an average video. Today you shall be glad if the record company wants to put $5000 on the table.

Jack McGuinness

jaxtone
01-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi!

I believe it depends very much of what ingrediences the manuscript consists. Three minutes of animations can mean loads of work or the opposite, less work. As a producer of film I never give a hint of what money we are talking about before I exactly know what my customer wants me to do.

By the way, here in Sweden rates have changed dramatically the latest three years. Then you could start up with $35000 for an average video. Today you shall be glad if the record company wants to put $5000 on the table.

Jack McGuinness

fabmedia
01-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Well everyone, I've managed to land the job. I sold him on 3 phases, the first two being the pre-production. Phase one is a discovery and main character with the final deliverables are a series of 5 renders of the character for marketing purposes, a rough draft of the script, and quick sketches of possible environments. After this I will present an estimate for phase 2.

Worked quite well.

Thank you everybody! I will be post a link to a new thread when I start the model.

ingo
01-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Congrats, thats great to hear that you're successful. Waiting for your new thread.

BTW, has it stopped raining in Vancouver ?

fabmedia
01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Well for the moment, but tomorrow it's supposed to start all over again. I'm about an hour up the valley where the clouds get stuck. It rains here about 25% more than in Vancouver. It's nice here though.

ingo
01-26-2005, 02:06 AM
I must admit i was never south of the Fraser River, so i don't know how nice the rain is there. The most annoying thing was two days rain on the Sunshine coast, and me on a bicycle. :D

fabmedia
01-26-2005, 06:28 AM
The Sunshine Coast is very much what it is like here, but the rain comes and goes quicker, and it's much more quiet. I want to move though. I'm thinking Denmark or New Zealand... I think the later.

ingo
01-26-2005, 12:37 PM
So you want to help Kev ? Well New Zealand is nice for a holiday, but definitly no that much archviz work for me. And Denmark is nice and quiet too, just 200 km north of me, and nice girls too ;)