PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 and new Scene Editor

MooseDog
01-20-2005, 07:10 AM
is it just me or has multiple selections in the Scene Editor gone awry?

every cell i click either gives me a drop-down, as in the attached picture, or just hi-lites the cell (depending on its purpose). shift-click on a cell further down does not do multiple select.

8.2, clean .cfg's, tested on old scenes, new scenes, lw content scenes.

make me look dumb so the problem is solved :D

Aquaman
01-20-2005, 07:16 AM
lol, yep I just posted about the same thing. I can't mutli select any values.

WCameron
01-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Multi Select woeks if you swap in the .P file from 8.01. but we loose any SE Bug fixes or additions.... <sigh>

- Will.

JML
01-20-2005, 08:07 AM
same problem here....

Exper
01-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Same problem here too!

Try using the old Spreadsheet from Master Plugins / Spreadsheet Scene Manager... it works ok here and allow the old style multi-selections value adjustment.

As I already said in the other Thread... maybe a Preference switch should let the user select which behaviour he likes more!

MooseDog
01-20-2005, 08:34 AM
the workarounds look fine to me. :thumbsup:

kinda begs the question: why was something that worked perfectly well in a previous release all of a sudden change?

i'm gonn take the liberty of posting this in the feature request section, altho it seems more like a bug to me.

aar, i'm certain the guys at nt are trolling thru here fairly regularly this week 'cuz of the release, which overall is rok solid. way to go!!

weight
01-20-2005, 08:57 AM
http://www.3dga.hu/multiselect.jpg

MooseDog
01-20-2005, 09:28 AM
BADDA BING!!!! :eek: problem solved!

thx for catching that. gotta love a helping community :bigthumbsup: to you weight :)

c0deb0y
01-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Weight, you rock! I was struggling with that multi-select issue all night. Thanks for the info.

Ramon
01-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up but, so does that mean we have to click on a little dink box?!? Instaed of wider (less annoying) one to have multiselect work? that's not necessarily better. :( Wouldn't you agree?

MooseDog
01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
definetly agree here.

don't know where this change came from. no mention of it in the 8.2addendum .pdf. perhaps it was in the list of changes, but my bad for not noticing it if it was. if it wasn't, well.......

anyway, a very small bump in an otherwise excellent, free!! update.

mouse_art
01-20-2005, 11:23 AM
at some properties you can also select different collumns an rows, and change all values at one time(if it's the same sort percent ect.).

Example Luminosity/Diffuse/Sepc ect.

I have no problem with it, for me i'ts just cool that way.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17644&stc=1