PDA

View Full Version : extending points

allankiipli
01-20-2005, 03:43 AM
Now i have taken a short break with LW and have explored capabilitys of Side Effects Software Houdini. Houdini is a perfect program with wide capabilitys (with every capability).

Yesterday the 8.2 update arrived and i started fiddling LW and very soon generated a crash (in Layout). Id like to point out that LW has a way to go. However we might start with this: ability to use extending points also while in snap drag and drag tools mode (in Modeler).

Another thing to notice: I have a scene over 50 000 points and 126 bones in an object. And its kinda slow to scrub trough the timleline.

However new subdivision uv-s look promising. :)
And the new aliasing features too.

evenflcw
01-20-2005, 05:45 AM
I acctually had a look at Houdini the other day aswll. However I did not go as far as downloading a demo. I only watched a modeling video tutorial (on modeling some ladies shoe). I was not impressed, but maybe the wrong person was doing teh demonstration. Interface was **** ugly too :)

"ability to use extending points also while in snap drag and drag tools mode (in Modeler). "

You are kind of brief. What do you mean exactly?
Do you want to be able to run the command extend on selected points while a tool stays active? (This is possible.)

Or do you want to be able to make a brand new selection and extend while tool stay active?

Or do you want an alltogether new tool that can not only drag existing points but also extend edges?

Or something else?

mouse_art
01-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Houdini is a bit complex(without training ;) ) but is really powerfull.(in every aspect)

But with character animation tools, not cheap. ;)

allankiipli
01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Actually it is in my computer like this:

Im in the snap drag mode of drag mode and i press 'down' wich is the key i have mapped the 'extender plus'. No success.
Im in the move mode: pressing 'down'. Success.