PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 Persistent Light naming issue

Capt Lightwave
01-19-2005, 02:43 PM
I had kinda thought that the 8.2 update would have fixed the Light naming issue in the Lights Panel, but it's still there...
Persistent little bugger....

JamesCurtis
01-19-2005, 05:18 PM
You're right about this problem in 8.2. But I always tend to access them by name in the drop down list or the selector in the main window anyhow. It would be nice if it was fixed. I never actually noticed it because I don't think it was evident in 8.0. I never upgraded to 8.01 because of all its' issues. But things are fine if you name your lights. They show up as expected.

Castius
01-19-2005, 05:56 PM
I personly like the new method in the light and camera panel. I can rename much easyer without having to erasing the (#) since it's just a place holder anyway. The main layout always shows the current selection so it's not a bug to me.

Panikos
01-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I find the old way better both in terms of naming as well as Unfolding the List of Lights.

The LW8.0 list is hard to target and click, very small button.
Also when there is rush and you dont change the names of Lights, the only way to select the light you are looking for is by seeing whats selected in the LW-GUI.

:mad:

ingo
01-20-2005, 03:30 AM
I can only agree with the above. Sometimes you can highlight a number although a number in another field is already highlighted, and you don't know where the typing goes. Not to forget that you mostly can't run through the textfields by tab and put some text in; sometimes it simply writes the text behind the existing text.

So for 8.5 i opt for an interface makeover or make workable.....

mattclary
01-20-2005, 04:20 AM
After having worked in tech support for 7 years and now a year in QA, I can say this: One man's bug is another man's feature. ;)

ingo
01-20-2005, 06:50 AM
After working several years in CAD support i can say, there is no bug, just a user malfunction !