PDA

View Full Version : Shattering a solid object...

mankeroo
01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi guys! I am working on a project where I have a glass cube, inside the cube is an object that I want to break OUT of the cube, and thus shatter the glass into particles where the object collides. I've got the particle system setup with the glass and everything looking ok with FXLinker, but my question is how can I make it so you see the solid object fluidly break into the particles? The way it is now, its just the particles appear and there is no connection between the particles and the glass cube they are supposed to be a part of...are there any links or suggestions ? Thanks :D

Silkrooster
01-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Try C4, you can find that on flay.com. It will take an object and break it up and place each peice in its own layer. Then it can be animated in layout using the other c4 plugin.
Another option is to use the knife tool on your cube and unweld all the point of that cube then hard fx can break apart the object. You may need to smooth shift though to get some thickness. Another option is to turn on self interaction.
Silk

mankeroo
01-19-2005, 04:17 PM
c4 destruct always crashes w/ 8.2 on a mac. I guess Im just going to have to make my own objects to be shattered :( Thanks for the help though

mankeroo
01-19-2005, 04:46 PM
What would be the best way to create a 100s of randomly shaped shards in an area of the object WITHOUT C4? All of the destruct/shatter plugs dont work w/ 8.2 mac that I can tell :(

Dodgy
01-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Have you tried this?

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~fis_junk/plug/ls/CrackIt_Pack_R6_1.zip