PDA

View Full Version : newtek europe PLEASE set up a bit torrent

KillMe
01-19-2005, 11:28 AM
titile says it all its infuriating to have it take this long to download only 20mb =/ makes 56k looking blisteringly fast

with bt and this many people obviously downloading would get it in no time

BeeVee
01-19-2005, 11:36 AM
We can't set up a Bit Torrent feed for this since there is no way of seeing who is downloading our files that way. If you restart your download now, you should get about 40k/s - that's what I've just got from here at home.

B

KillMe
01-19-2005, 11:52 AM
hmmmmmmm maybe there is something else wrong then at my end as i cant even get the download to start =/ all i get is a window saying loading in progress please wait a moment =/

ah well go re ad book and if its still not ready i'll wait a week =) got theif deadly shadows to finish hehehe and its **** addictive if it wasn't for the fact that real jails probally aren't so easy to break out of makes abit of burglary look like alot of fun

ColinCohen
01-19-2005, 11:54 AM
We can't set up a Bit Torrent feed for this since there is no way of seeing who is downloading our files that way. If you restart your download now, you should get about 40k/s - that's what I've just got from here at home.

B

Couldn't you redirect them to the US servers?

KillMe
01-19-2005, 11:57 AM
i spoke to soon its going and at a respewctable 35k =) looks liek theif will have to wait abit longer

3DBob
01-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Just a note - There appears to be something wrong with the java. If you clear your cash and restart your computer - you may find you have more luck

3DBob

cresshead
01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
still 0.00kb so far...than'st nr 24 hours after first trying...

what would be my next move to get my update to 8.2?

can they [newtek] not offer a cdrom to be posted out if the internet download carries on NOT working for 99% of those who are after it in the u.k.?

BeeVee
01-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Steve you should be able to get great rates now from our server. I'm currently downloading at 70k/s - admittedly not as fast as earlier this evening where I was receiving the file at over 200... :)

B

CB_3D
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
We can't set up a Bit Torrent feed for this since there is no way of seeing who is downloading our files that way.

B

?? How is that important? Isnīt this also a demo version with a 14 day limit or something?

#lwrs_web
01-20-2005, 04:30 PM
?? How is that important? Isnīt this also a demo version with a 14 day limit or something?

Agreed. Use a MD5 or SHA Hash to verify the file is original and there is nothing to loose with a distributed download system.

Exception
01-21-2005, 06:51 AM
I would be a little hesitant downloading that thing anyway. 8.2 has already
proven to be quite unstable. With me personally, it crashed in the first 2 minutes.