PDA

View Full Version : 8.2 Modeler - numeric panel isuue/problme/bug ?

Lewis
01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi !

Can anyone confirm this !

I have problems with 8.2 modeler windows. I use 1600*1200 resolution and i have opened layers panel, info window and numeric panel arranged side by side to main modeler window. Since i upgraded to 8.2 i can't properly resize numeric panel window. It does allow resize but i can't make it smaller than 238 width / 327 height and that's a problem since in Lw 8.0.1 it worked. I need width of 206 pixels (to match to rest windows as before) but i can't :(.

Can anyone try this ? Just try to resize numeric panel window (other windows works fine).

Thanks and cheers

BeeVee
01-19-2005, 11:37 AM
You never could resize it as far as I'm aware...

B

Matt
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually Ben, you could! :)

Yep Lewis you're correct, looks like they've changed the re-size limits on the Numeric Panel, it can't be shrunk to the smaller size it could in 7.5.

I'm not a coder, but I don't understand why something like this gets bust or changed, just leave that part of the code alone!?!?!

Unless there was a specific gadget layout that needed the window to be a certain minimum size I don't see the benefit here!

Lewis
01-19-2005, 12:48 PM
You are wrong on this one Ben :)

As you see from Matt's post you could resize it in 7.5. I tested and i can resize it on 7.0, 7.5c, 8.0 and 8.0.1 but NOT in 8.2 :(.

That's bummer and i also don't understand why do programers change something like that ? Why fix something ain't broken :)?

Now i have problem and numeric panel is blocking (by 30 pixels) my buttons in modeler :(. SO i need to use workaraond as turning off numeric panel or resizing workspace of modeler (shrinking it) which both are bad solution since i need lot of space and turning on/off window is wasting of time :(.

Should I now report this to NT BUGs mail or this can be corrected in some config file or whatever ?

What i don't understand is why that limit is only on numeric panel window and not on layers browser and other windows ?? Doesn't have sense to me :(. Actually ANY limits to window size doesn't have sense to me but maybe there is some reson ?

cheers and thanks Matt for checking it, sadly but I was right - it's a BUG.

BeeVee
01-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah beg pardon Elvis and Matt. I always size my windows to the same width as the Numeric one (stats, Layers, Vertex maps), so I guess I never noticed. Sorry.

B

Lewis
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah beg pardon Elvis and Matt. I always size my windows to the same width as the Numeric one (stats, Layers, Vertex maps), so I guess I never noticed. Sorry.

B

You resize them NOW (in 8.2) to numeric panel size or earlier also? If you resized them to smallest size in previous versions you sure then had small panels since pre 8.2 versions alowed much thinner window panel :).

BeeVee
01-19-2005, 04:16 PM
No, I always resized the other windows to the default size for the Numeric window...

B

-NG-
01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Why would you guys change it and lock it? i kinda liked the window smaller, i'm sure more people think the same way.