PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Render to RTV

JReble
02-13-2003, 08:17 AM
So I'll ask over here with continued optimism that this is or has been addressed.....What's up with the RTV plugin for lightwave & lightwave express. Is there a new version that will correctly render an RTV file directly from lightwave yet or is there a step I'm missing? I still can't render an RTV video file correctly as it just makes a frame or two on any render.

And before anybody mentions the workaround via aura again, I already know how to do that. The point it that's a real hassle when test rendering and tweaking scenes. Please tell me there's been a fix for this. :confused:

Prosprctor
02-13-2003, 12:06 PM
HMMM
Mine works correctly
just did a 1800 frame RTV and all was fine here
Have total of 22 anims rendered to RTV for Documentary I am doing and all rendered fine.

Did have a short problem with it only rendering out the last 50 frames for a cupla days there but that cleared up after I resaved scene under another name and reloaded and rendered fine. It showed it rendering every frame (as it took the normal 5 min per frame), but recorded only the last 50 for some reason. Don't know what happened to scene file, but after I made sure the frame count to render and scene frame count matched and resaved, it seemed to clear.

pfrench
02-18-2003, 10:34 AM
It sounds like it could be an installation problem. What options are you using for rendering?

JReble
02-18-2003, 01:02 PM
I found I could also render to an RTV file correctly, but only after saving the scene under a new file name, exiting and reopening LW before rendering. Weird. I wish that would be corrected though cuz it can cause real headaches. Now when I render, I tell it to create both stills and an rtv just in case the RTV doesn't work.

http://www.beenzeria.com/band.gif

Alamovideo
02-20-2003, 09:38 PM
FYI: I've had that problem of rendering one frame, but it looks like it is still rendering. I've discovered a way to know it is rendering. Once you've gone through the process of starting the render (Make it So...) Navagate so you see your file on your video drive on your computer with the window set to details. You should see the file size increase with each frame render.

I haven't figured out why exactly it decides to only render one frame and then PRETEND to render, but by going through all the steps - especially telling it the name, what to render to (not something I've specified before, ie a new name) and the correct file type and all the other choices AND watching the file being build, I get good renders.

Hope this helps.

Greg