PDA

View Full Version : bug->Text to big in Coordinates window (and others)

ingo
01-19-2005, 04:13 AM
Hi all, just made a clean install of LW8 and than the 8.2 update and the same problem happend again. When LW8 is installed the text size in the down left xyz-coordinates window is normal (although the text area is not wide enough to display all numbers), when i install 8.01 or 8.2 the text gets black and gets bigger so you can't read all numbers.

Anyone else has this problem and/or a solution ??

This happens only in Layout, in Modeller it looks fine, if not better.

ingo
01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Okay, here is a screen shot.

Darth Mole
01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
All the text/value boxes are nasty. I wish they'd change them back, circa v7...

Can you change the text colour in LW8?

luka
01-20-2005, 09:10 AM
HI People I have just done the LW8.2 upgrade thing but I am having interface problems similar to you guys. Particularly with the numerical position entry I find many times I cannot read the value. The Surface Panel wigs out when you use tab and leaves ghosting of previous setting and personally I think there is not enough contrast between the entry fields and value entered.

Unless someone has some suggestions I think this should be sent to bug report section. :)

gerry_g
01-21-2005, 06:00 PM
BLACK TEXT IN DIALOGUE BOXES
Yeah I got what U got (since 8.2 upgrade), it's a pain........thought there was some dialogue panel/config where you could customise all colors but can't seem to find it,
did find this though CUSTOM INTERFACE COLOR CONFIGS (http://www.auroragrafx.com/LWresources/LWClrCfg/LWColorCfgs.shtml) Problem is this seems to suggest all color values for the interface are stored in the Hub Pref File, I opened mine an' they sure as hell ain't !!, so like U I'm high an dry

ingo
01-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Well you obviously have to type them in there first and save the pref file.

As an example :

StateButtonColor 255 255 255
ToolButtonColor 255 255 255
ActionButtonColor 255 255 255
StateButtonColor 255 255 255
DialogButtonColor 255 255 255
DragButtonColor 255 255 255
BackgroundColor 255 255 255
InfoAreaColor 116 115 112
InfoAreaTextColor 170 210 255

gerry_g
01-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Non Existent Color Values
THNX for responding Ingo, figuring that you could enter values here was not so much a problem as what values (presuming one wished to restore the defaults............ what were these values numerically if you had no reference !!), just for the hell of it I copied and pasted your sample names and values into my hub prefs and saved it, nothing happens all values remain as they were, furthermore I checked my back up prefs and they are similarly devoid of color values or even panel names to attribute them to. Ad to this (as stated by you) a complete re install will not solve the problem, not to mention that dragging through a text field and re typing values leaves the field still highlighted (as stated above), or that I myself have had text intermittently revert to itís true color and then back to black again on an intermittent basis leads me to suspect this is more a bug than an error or fluke caused solely by upgrading.

luka
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Does anybody know if the size of the text is also in the preference file as I go nutty when I open a page of numbers and letters. If only programing used pictures instead of text :p

blabberlicious
02-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Does anybody know if the size of the text is also in the preference file as I go nutty when I open a page of numbers and letters. If only programing used pictures instead of text :p

I got some feedback from NT about these issues....so they are on it.

I hope it a quick fix.

What worries me is if they gang up all these new bug before issuing an update - If so, we might be in for along wait.