PDA

View Full Version : Robo-Snakefish for old school "shoot'em up"

Emmanuel
01-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi folks !

Ahhh, the good old times, when the Amiga ruled and every week a new shoot em up game appeared :)
For a retro game, I designed this robo-fish.The single spherical segments (chest, tail...) will be instanced by the program so that the fish can be much larger/longer
and move in a eely, curley way around the playfield...

Lamont
01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I love shooter!! I'm bringing in Ikaruga to work next week for somoe old-school bliss... and R-Types...

Neuroup
01-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Hello!
Can someone expalin me why noone now is making calassic shooters for PC. Your object is perfectlly for classic shooter.
Doeas anyone remeber a Project-X for amiga made by Team17. this game rocks. sometimes i'm playing in this game on my UAE and i have lot of fun.
One more thing. You are making a game or programm ??

Bye!!

Lamont
01-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Actually, they still do, but on the indie scene. You have to search for them. Sometimes you find them bundled with other bargin games: 10 games on 1 disk type of deal. They do not get much shelf space, and are all thrown together.

Emmanuel
01-20-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi,

it's a game that will probably be released in 2Q/2005, although as already has been mentioned in the budget sector.
Its gonna be a classic shooter a la Project X, or R-Type, or Apydia, or (please insert Your favourite Psygnosis, T17 etc shooter).
Actually there are quite a lot fo shooting games for PC, and some of them look very, very good.

Neuroup
01-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Hello!

Can you give www adress[if there is] of page where i can find some screenshots from this game ??
Will you make any demo of this game or maybe you made it ??

Bye!!

Emmanuel
01-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi,

here's a couple of screenshots from the game...demo will be available soon....

Neuroup
01-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Wow!
Now i know that this game will great and it will be something like old amiga shotter but with new fantastic graphics.

Can you inform as when exactlly demo version of this game will be available. I think that lot of ppl was waiting for such a game.

Greets

Bye!!

Emmanuel
01-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Sure :)
Thanks for the kind words :)

Emmanuel
01-24-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.intermediaware.de/snakeboss.mpg

Here's a little teaser of the robofish/snake in action (in-game-footage...)

Lamont
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Sweet!! I love Space shooters and always wanted to make one. At my first CG job they let me do a bunch of concept models for a space shooter. But no one was interested.. so it's gone.

Is this your own engine? How is the scripting done? Details details please!!

Neuroup
01-28-2005, 02:19 PM
hello!!
I saw this short video clip from your game and i can send that i'm this game will fantastic. Like project x.

Lamout have right write to us some details. Becouse also i was working "now i'm studing" in gamedev with lightwave and i'm very interested some technical information about your engine and other stuff. Of course if it's not secret ....
If someone is interested what game i was making he can visit this page

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/projectearth/official_site/index.html

Bye!!

Lamont
02-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Any updates?

Emmanuel
02-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi,

we are putting the finishing touches on the game, the official website will go up soon, stay tuned...

Lamont
02-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Cool, can't wait :)

Sande
02-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Emmanuel, looking good, really good - can't wait to get playing that :)

We have had Ikaruga here at work and it's excellent. And you can actually play that with your PC too with a Dreamcast-emulator, at least with Athlon64 it runs quite fine. Of course you need legal Dreamcast-bios and a game too... ;)

PS. Amiga rules forever!

Lamont
02-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I almost imported Ikaruga, but I lucked out and it was released on the GameCube.

Emmanuel
02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I guess the sequel to our shooter will probably be done in full 3D.

Emmanuel
03-10-2005, 09:27 AM
The website has been launched, gold status is coming closer while final
touch ups are beeing made (new backgrounds, enemies...)...

http://www.intermediaware.de/absoluteblue/index.php?id=0&lan=uk

Feel free to post in our forum !

http://www.intermediaware.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&lan=eng