PDA

View Full Version : Particle positions lost...

starbase1
01-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi,
I am having problems with particles, (using LW 7.5).

I have three particle emitters, attached to a parent null. Two face in opposite directions, and spray particles out in a spiral as the null spins. The third one sits in the centre spraying out particles in all directions. When I hit the button to play the effect, it all works exactly as required.

So I set up a texture, and viper shows a reasonable preview, enough to show that its roughly on track.

But when I hit the F9 key to try and render a frame for real, all the particles are in the middle of the emitter, and the particle jets have gone away...

Anyone got any ideas?
Nick

evenflcw
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I haven't got a clue, but have you tried doing a calculation and then saving the solution for each emitter? Perhaps the renderer simply want more firm data to work with? The previews (if don't calculate and just drag the timeslider) are calculated on the spot and random.

starbase1
01-18-2005, 05:34 AM
OK, dumb question! How do I save a solution?
Nick

evenflcw
01-18-2005, 06:23 AM
For every emitter, in the emitter properties panel > File > Save Motion.

starbase1
01-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Great! Sounds like exactly what I need. I'll give it a go this evening. Wonder how it worked without me using that on other projects?

:rolleyes:

evenflcw
01-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Indeed. I can't remember this ever being an issue either. But I thought I'd offer a suggestion anyway.

starbase1
01-19-2005, 05:17 AM
Thanks, that worked a treat!
Nick
:D :D :D