PDA

View Full Version : Announce: Data Overlayer 1.0 (VT/Mirage/Aura)

dhomas
01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
young monkey is pleased to announced our 30th (no kidding!) Video Toaster plugin...

Data Overlayer, as its name suggests, has the capability of generating overlay graphics using data retrieved from external sources (MySQL database, Text file, internet, etc) using modules. Professional overlay generation of live data (weather, sport, voting, product sales, stock market, etc.) is not only possible... it's simple too - whether you are streaming live to the internet, broadcasting for television, or editing pre-recorded footage.

Special introductory pricing, and a demo are now available.

For more details follow the link below...

pnelson
01-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Wow! This looks like a very nice plugin!!!

See Ya,

Ivan
01-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Since it pulls data from an outside source would this work for keying song word overlays for a church?

Thanks,

Ivan

dhomas
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Although it could do what you describe, Data Overlayer wouldn't be ideal for this since the song words would have to appear at specific times, rather than at regular intervals.

We'll be announcing a new plugin soon that I think would be better suited for this kind of use... along with karaoke, movie sub-titling, etc.

radams
01-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Hi dhomas,

How are your doing ?

This is looking great...

I wanted to ask...I have a client that is a Lottery that needs to be able to input the numbers as balls are caught....

But they need to the system to re-order the numbers from lowest to highest and to then to have that added to an animated overlay with each number being animated on with its own elements...and for the next to be set to come one with a hit of a key stroke (if possible).....but the system needs to be able to set this whole thing up in 20 to 30 sec...or less...

Got any ideas or things that might help??

Cheers,

Ahmed
01-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Hi Dhomas,

I downloaded the demo, and I am impressed. Very impressed indeed. Only two issues, it crashed when I tried to change the font color using the color picker, both in Aura and Miarge (Pal System). The second issue is I want to be able to trigger the change manually rather through preset timing. Is that possible?

Thanks.

dhomas
01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Ahmed,

> it crashed when I tried to change the font color using the color picker

I'll have a look at this. It's likely only a bug in the demo. Will have an update online shortly.

> I want to be able to trigger the change manually rather through preset timing.

Do you mean you want to change which of the Data overlays is currently showing? That can be done, yes. Easily. There's a drop down on the Broadcast page, where you can select the display Mode. Instead of using one of the dual modes, it defaults to "Data 1 ~ Data 2" I think. Select "Data 1" or "Data 2" to get just the single display. Then when you want to change, just switch the mode to the other. This can be done while broadcasting.

dhomas
01-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Ray,

Data Overlayer can do most of what you're asking about.

> to re-order the numbers from lowest to highest

MySQL can handle this easily. Then get Data Overlayer to pull the data using the ORDER parameter, for ascending sort.

> animated overlay with each number being animated on with its own elements...

You currently can not have animated elements. This is a limitation of Aura not being able to do two things at once. We are exploring a solution to this.

> set to come one with a hit of a key stroke (if possible).....

We've had a couple requests for a manual update mode. We'll be releasing an update in the near future that will have this ability. Also, some other features that improve a few particular uses we didn't think of. :-)

> set this whole thing up in 20 to 30 sec...or less...

Data Overlayer generates its overlays MUCH faster than this.

Please email me directly if you have further questions. There's not enough days in the hour for me to monitor all the forums.

dhomas
01-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Anyone else with questions, please email me directly. I can get back to you much faster that way.

dhomas
01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
The bug that occured when changing Font/Shadow settings (when in Preview mode) reported above has been fixed. A new demo is now available.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ahmed
01-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Dhomas,

Thanks for the fix, my second issue my be better explainded like this:

In a student graduation event, after I call the name of a student, I want to show his name manually. Since I do not know how long each student will remain, or how long each student will take to come up to stage, or stay in stage, the pre-set timing will not be useful. This is what I meant by triggering manually.

And I have a new request that deserves another plug-in, but badly needed. The Karaoke plugin will be very much needed.

If you can figure the Karaoke one, I salute you.

Ahmed

dhomas
01-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Ahmed,

The 1.1 release will address the issues you mention here for Data Overlayer.

I'll reply to you directly on the other items... please contact me via email from now on. Thanks.