PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt lwo file

Polymangler
01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Does anyone have any way of rebuilding or error checking a lwo file? I saved this object out closed down my system and now it errors every time i try to open it.

Also if someone could download the obj and see if does the same on your configuration I'd at least know that it's not my config files or something. Thanks

Silkrooster
01-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I am getting a format error 108.
Silk

Rory_L
01-16-2005, 10:01 PM
There might be a healthy backup in your temp folder.

R

Matt
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
108 error here too, sorry.

Panikos
01-17-2005, 12:53 AM
I wish there was an object healer tool, that would read an lwo file and try to recover

. Geometry only
. Geometry with textures
. Geometry with Weights
. Geometry with endomorphs

Also, a tool that would sort the polygon order according to a morphed target with the aid of two Key-Polys.

Yoichiro had such plugin in the old LW56 era.

:(

Mylenium
01-17-2005, 01:51 AM
I nmangled it through DeepExploration and it spat out a working file. you should generally consider having a copy of such a tool lying around. You need not necessarily install it right away, but there is a fully functional 30 day trial and it surely comes in handy in such situations.

Mylenium

Polymangler
01-17-2005, 10:29 AM
THANK YOU Mylenium... Your da man! my first born shall be named Mylenium and he/she shall be thankful to bare it! That was gonna take me a half day.

I never would have thought of doing that but, slap me around and call me sally, it worked! Guess i'll know what to sneak into the budget next quarter

I'm in your debt, gracious all for your posts,

Bruce