PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Vincente
01-16-2005, 05:30 PM
I've created a basic scene from a tutorial and wan to save it to .avi or .mov. When I try to save it I dont have this option. Do I need to download a plugin or is there another option?

Silkrooster
01-16-2005, 10:41 PM
No Plug-ins needed. LW can render AVI's and MOV files no problem. Click on the render tab at the top of your screen in Layout. On the left hand side look for render options and click on that. Click on Output files tab, Select an option where it says type. Click on the animation file button to give your animation a file name.
Once all this is done, and your render to render, just press the f10 button on your keyboard.
AVI's and MOV files are great for short animations, but when you start doing animations that take hours to days to render, your going to want to render to image sequence instead of avi or mov. The reason is, if something happens while your rendering, a avi or mov file you would have to start all over again while the sequence you can start back up again where it left off. Nice when you can't use the computer for a few days.
The directions above are for the PC version of LW 8.0.1
Silk